Swing Paradise is organised by What a Jazz teachers, who are passionate dancers and Vilnius Swing Dance Scene leaders.
- Swing Paradise is a dance and music festival focused on celebrating life in jazz spirit and welcoming all swing dances on one dance floor.
- Please be careful at all times, for yourself and specially for others. Swing Paradise organizers do not take any responsibility for the participant’s physical injuries or valuables.
- Participants are expected to support the festival’s friendly and safe atmosphere by reporting to the organizers any unwanted activities and events they witnessed.
- Organizers will not tolerate any forms of harassment, which can include offensive verbal comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of dance workshops or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention. Anyone engaging in this type of behavior will be warned and/or excluded from the festival without any refund, at the organizers’ discretion.
- Participants confirm that they have read all the information regarding passes, prices and other relevant issues at the Swing Paradise website and all the information provided by them is true.
- All participants will get a wristband according to their pass and level. They will have to wear this wristband at all times. The wristband is their entrance for classes and parties.
- Please wear only appropriate indoor shoes for classes and parties.
- Participants are not allowed to record or take photos during the classes, unless the instructors permit it.
- Participants are not allowed to bring their own food or drinks to the party venue.
- Participants may appear on photos or videos made by the organizer or their representative. The organizer can use this media for any purpose related to Swing Paradise or other artistic purposes of any form. Participants agree that this media is the sole property of the organizer.
If participant decides to cancel registration, part of the price to be refunded depends on the date of cancellation:
- For cancellations before January 1st, 100% of the pass cost will be refunded.
- For cancellation after January 1st and before March 1st, 75% of the pass cost will be refunded.
- For cancellation after March 1st and before April 1st, 50% of the pass cost will be refunded.
- For cancellations after April 1st, no refunds can be granted.
- The passes are NOT transferable.
- The passes can’t be transferred to the next year festival.
- If participants abuse the discount code without organizers permission, they will have to pay the difference at the check-in to the Swing Paradise.
- Swing Paradise organizers reserve the right to cancel the event at any given time. In this case we will pay 100% reimbursement.
- For any questions regarding cancellations email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Swing Paradise organizers and staff believe that everyone can and should enjoy swing dancing. We hold in high regard good music, a supportive community and dancers who know how to properly have fun. This represents all members regardless of age, gender, physique, ethnicity and appearance, where socializing and being equal is integral part of who we are, as swing dancing and its culture perfectly exemplifies those values. With Swing Paradise festival we bring people together and provide a platform for expressing those true and humane values.
We know that the Swing Dance world is already welcoming, supportive and awesome and that instances of inappropriate behavior are rare. However we crafted our Code of Conduct to carry out our vision acknowledging that we all have a responsibility to build a safe environment and contribute to the wellbeing of the whole community. Therefore the following code guides our actions at any time or occurrence:
- We are NICE to everyone and treat all people with respect. We do not harass anyone. We do not discriminate according to sex, gender expression or sexual orientation, nor race, religion, or nationality. We treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, physical appearance, lifestyle, dance experience or role.
- We are INCLUSIVE and invite others to dance, and we are gracious if turned down. We may say no without giving a reason, but are polite when doing so and if we promise to dance later on, we honor that promise.
- We are RESPONSIBLE for our own physical safety and that of others nearby. We practice safe floor-craft and say sorry if we accidentally bump another person. We do not offer unsolicited advice or instruction, nor perform aerials on the social floor, except in jam circles. If we consume alcohol we do so responsibly, and if we are drunk enough to pose a risk to ourselves or others, we leave the dance floor and retire to the bar.
- We are RESPECTFUL and acknowledge that the personal boundaries of others may not be the same as our own. We are mindful of the appropriateness of behavior or actions that some may find offensive.
- We UNDERSTAND that following the above guidelines ensures a better experience for everyone and that participating in any kind of verbal, physical or sexual abuse will have consequences.
- We PROMISE to treat any reports made with sensitivity and to keep all details as confidential as is possible.
The guidelines above apply to EVERYONE attending Swing Paradise, including members of staff, volunteers, teachers, musicians and participants.
We encourage anyone who has experienced or witnessed intimidating or inappropriate behavior to tell Swing Paradise members:
Arnas Razgūnas (organizer)
Eglė Nemickaitė (organizer)
Elzė Višnevskytė (staff)
If you prefer to talk in person, or would prefer to speak to another member of staff, you are welcome to do so at any time. Swing Paradise staff are available for discussion and reassurance – please do tell us about your concerns, even small ones – we’re here for you! Let’s have a great time swinging!
Kalvariju g. 24a, Vilnius