- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the email provided for us.
- We reserve the right to prohibit orders that appear to be placed by scammers selling fake tickets to our event. Participants can’t resell their tickets and registration process has to be approved by the whole Swing Paradise organisation team.
- All participants participate at the festival classes and events at their own risk, realising that they may face higher than normal physical activity, (post)pandemic reality, and taking responsibility for their own and other people health.
- Swing Paradise organizers and teachers are not responsible for participants health, physical injuries or valuables. Be careful at all times and protect others.
- Participants are determined to respect other participants, teachers and organizers, avoid conflicts and create a safe friendly space for everyone. Participants who do not agree with our Code of Conduct (see below) may be warned and asked to leave the event without a refund and will no longer be admitted to future events.
- All participants will get a wristband according to their ticket and level. They will have to wear this wristband at all times. The wristband is their entrance to classes and parties.
- There are three progressive dance levels at Swing Paradise which depend and is relative to general participants dance experience. Participants choose their dance classes level according to their dance experience, their gut feeling, modesty and ambition, honest self evaluation, having in mind that other festival participants are coming from all around the world with their own different or similar experiences and that everybody is responsible for creating a comfortable learning environment in the classes. The teachers might suggest participants another level if general class harmony is different than participants personal experience.
- Please wear only appropriate indoor shoes during classes and parties.
- Participants are not allowed to record or take photos during the classes, unless the teachers permit it.
- Participants are not allowed to bring their own food or drinks to the party venue which is providing a fully functioning bar with drinks and snacks.
- The event will be documented. By taking part in the events participants grant us full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images and video for marketing, publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and advertisements. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform us.
If participant decides to cancel registration, part of the price to be refunded depends on the date of cancellation:
- For cancellations before April 1st, 100% of the ticket price will be refunded*
- For cancellations before May 1st, 75% of the pass cost will be refunded*
- For cancellations before June 1st, 50% of the pass cost will be refunded*
- For cancellations after June 1st, there are no refunds.
*for any requested refund, there is an additional 10% administration fee from the ticket price
The tickets are NOT transferable: nor to another person, neither to another festival edition.
If participants abuse the discount code without organizers permission, they will have to pay the difference at the check-in desk to the Swing Paradise.
Swing Paradise organizers reserve the right to cancel the event at any given time due to personal reasons. In this case we will pay 100% reimbursement.
We are aware that the legal situation and legal measures (eg. regarding pandemic situation or war) can change at any time:
- If participant is not allowed to enter due to official restrictions, we offer a 75% refund or a transfer of a festival ticket to another edition. Email us and request your refund with a proof of the changed measures and legal information.
- If we have to cancel the event ourselves, we will refund 75% of the ticket price or allow a transfer of the festival ticket to another edition.
For any questions regarding cancellations email us at email@example.com
CODE OF CONDUCT
Guide on Safety, Trust, Engagement, Prevention and Support
Swing Paradise staff believes that everyone can and should enjoy swing dancing. We hold in high regard good music, a supportive community and dancers who know how to properly have fun. This represents all members regardless of age, gender, physique, ethnicity and appearance, where socializing and being equal is integral part of who we are. With Swing Paradise classes and events we bring people together and provide a platform for expressing those true and humane values.
We crafted our Code of Conduct to carry out our vision acknowledging that we all have a responsibility to build a safe environment and contribute to the well-being of the whole community. Therefore the following code guides our actions at any time or occurrence:
- We are NICE to everyone and treat all people with respect. We do not harass anyone. We do not discriminate according to sex, gender expression or sexual orientation, nor race, religion, or nationality. We treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, physical appearance, lifestyle, dance experience or role.
- We are INCLUSIVE and invite others to dance, and we are gracious if turned down. We may say no without giving a reason, but are polite when doing so and if we promise to dance later on, we honour that promise.
- We are RESPONSIBLE for our own physical safety and that of others nearby. We practice safe floor-craft and say sorry if we accidentally bump another person. We do not offer unsolicited advice or instruction, nor perform aerials on the social floor, except in jam circles. If we consume alcohol, we do so responsibly, and if we are drunk enough to pose a risk to ourselves or others, we leave the dance floor and retire to the bar.
- We are RESPECTFUL and acknowledge that the personal boundaries of others may not be the same as our own. We are mindful of the appropriateness of behaviour or actions that some may find offensive.
- We UNDERSTAND that following the above guidelines ensures a better experience for everyone and that participating in any kind of verbal, physical or sexual abuse will have consequences.
- We PROMISE to treat any reports made with sensitivity and to keep all details as confidential as is possible.
The guidelines above apply to EVERYONE attending Swing Paradise events and classes, including members of staff, teachers and participants.
We encourage anyone who has experienced or witnessed intimidating or inappropriate behaviour to tell Swing Paradise staff. We are available for discussion and reassurance – please do tell us about your concerns, even small ones – we’re here for you.
Let’s have a great time swinging!
(Adapted from BLHC – Balkan Lindy Hop Championships)